Thursday, October 1, 2009

Too Soon To Tell...

So England.



About that...



It's too soon to make statements and too rash to have revelations... nevertheless... maybe I'm starting to get it.



So far this has been nothing that I expected and everything I could have needed. I don't think this trip, this part of my life, is going to be earth-shattering and ground-breaking. Maybe I won't have epic stories that I tell for the rest of my life about the moment it all became clear, the moment I found whatever it may be in England, or the time I experienced this or that... maybe what I'm slowly starting to realize is that I'm not here to change who I am. I may not be here, or ever be anywhere for that matter, that is going to transform who I am.

Maybe I'm bolder here. But that isn't the place changing me, it's me making the decision to just do it.



I know that who I am right now isn't enough for me for the rest of forever, but honestly, the base, the fundamental person that I am is. I know who I am. Enough anyway. I have my reasons, I have my prinicples and I don't want to become a different person, I just want to be the version of me that I need to be...



Cheesy as it may be, I really think that's obtainable... and maybe even happening already.



I want to be bold enough to speak up, to take chances, to ask questions, and to discover (within myself and otherwise) the right questions to ask. I want to learn. That's why I'm here.

Learn about "Theory, Taste, and Trash" and "Consuming Passions" apparently, but also and mostly about myself and how I fit into the world.

This is jumbled and very inconcise. Grr...

No comments:

Post a Comment