Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blurry lines.

I have a tendency to blame myself. For everything. For things I know I have or had zero control over. I feel like women do this waaayyy more than men. We are always the ones saying, "oh I should have known better" and "I should have seen this coming" but we don't. We never do. Unless you have the gift of prophecy, you're just as screwed as the next girl. But here's the thing... what if we did know?

What if we were smart and in tune enough to see the signs right off the bat and know that this is guy is a douche, or this will be a 6 month relationship and will end mutually, or even- this will be a great love for a long time, but then leave me devastated and heartbroken for almost as long. What would we do?

If you knew the ending, would you jump anyway? There is a point where we would all say, you know, it was worth it: all the great times, the life-altering moments, the breathtaking memories of times when you felt the best and most alive in an almost indescribable way. There is a point where we would still want all of the great times, knowing that heartache was coming. But how far would you go? Knowing how it's gonna hurt. There must be a balance between how much the good is worth and how much we can handle the bad. Everyone has a limit, everyone has a line where the pain isn't worth it anymore, no matter how amazing things might have been.

So the question really is: is it better to love and lose, or never know that love at all?

Everyone has a line. Where's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment