Maybe it's people I don't understand. Maybe they don't understand the theories and I don't understand their actions.... maybe that's it....
but no matter which way you spin it, it just doesn't seem right to me... and I don't know if I'll ever understand the way people tend to treat each other.... and more, the way people walk all over people they claim to love or care about and act as though their love is an excuse to do so.
Since when did "I love you" become a do whatever and be automatically forgiven card?
I don't think it is.
I don't think it ever should be.
Maybe I don't get it. Maybe I'm young. Maybe I'm too naiive to understand what the world is really like and what real life means.....
But if that's real life.... if that's what I have to look forward to learning how to live in........ dude- I don't wanna. I'd rather stay heartbrokenly naiive than to accept the fact that that's just the way things are... I will never choose to live in that world..... I will never be okay with the three most scared words ever strung in a sentence being an excuse to hurt or a substitute for "I'm sorry, I was so incredibly wrong"..... Never.
And I don't know, I don't know if that's the world I'm hiding from, but it sure looks like it from here.
I know there are exceptions. I know some people are pure and true and actually mean it intensely and beautifully when they say "I love you"... but they shouldn't be exceptions... they should be the rule. When did all this change? And how do I go back?

No comments:
Post a Comment