Saturday, August 22, 2009

Disclaimer: I know I'm crazy.

God, that should be the title of my life... not the point....

So I was just facebook stalking and reading all the status updates and looking at all the pictures of all the awesome things my friends have been doing with their lives and I felt myself, not only feeling left out, but also feeling jealous. I slowly, after years of feeling this way and being almost angry at these friends for doing things without me, experiencing things without me... you know, living without me... haha... anyway, I finally figured out that it isn't that I'm mad or that I don't want my friends to have these fantastic adventures or epic moments, it's just that I wish I could be there. I wish we could do these amazing things together. And while I think it's great that we can live our own lives and have our own moments, I always wish they could be here when I'm having a blast, and I wonder if they feel the same. In the midst of these realizations, I started thinking about England... and I knew that I would miss everyone and I know I'm going to wish they were there with me... but it kinda sunk in a little bit today...
That's how all of England is going to be... it's my great adventure that only I can tell them. And I have to take care to remember to take pictures and tell stories with such intensity that they can feel some shred of how I felt when I was there. I want this to be my own adventure, yes, but it sucks that my best friends won't see it with me.
Which leads me to other idea... I seriously think there needs to be an epic week of adventure. Whether it's camping and hiking and jumping off rocks, or surfing and going to bars at night in some classic beach town... we need to start making memories together. Big memories. Memorable memories. There is still no other people I'd rather spend my time with and build my life around... it's time for a big adventure together. You know, besides this whole life thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment