We have been waiting on men our whole lives. Perhaps our leisurely lateness is just a tiny touch of payback for the years upon years we have had to wait for men.
My personal life has been filled with nothing but waiting on men... since as far back as I can remember. Let's, for a second, forget the obvious waiting for Mr. Right, and think about the real world:
I spent high school waiting on my basketball coach-to make choices, to give orders, to teach.
I spend my days now waiting to hear from my guy or my guy friends, seeing what might be going on tonight.
I spend my evenings, ready, sitting, waiting, for those guys to come over or to pick me up; waiting on invitations, or on schedules, or just waiting on time.
I have spent my Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays battling and visiting the Undergrad Admissions Office, waiting on Kevin to reappear, to get healthy, to get my paperwork from upstairs, to actually do what he said he was going to do.
Aside from those current dramas---
I have been waiting my whole life for one guy to prove to me that they're not all the same.
I've been waiting for a nice guy, I've been waiting for someone who will be there, I've been waiting for someone who will handle me, I have been waiting for someone who will bring out the best in me.
I waited for the magic, I waited for the weak in the knees, can't breathe moments...
But now I'm waiting on the love, I'm waiting on the promise, I'm waiting on forever. And I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting forever for my forever...

You grabbed my face and kissed my so intensely that I couldn't walk straight when I got out of your car....
ReplyDeleteMy knees actually felt weak.