We'll see. It always starts off like this, doesn't it? I don't care and we're just friends and we always know better. And the good ones start slow... slow and smooth with unwaivering comfort and calm. Hardly a hint of interest of any kind, then slow, subtle clues, seeing if you're sharp enough to catch it, to see what it really means. More and more there are subtle bets and requests and hypothetical plans for the future... we'll see. As always, we'll see how it goes. There is always the sneaking thought that this one could be different. And this actually could be right and nothing else will matter. But what is there now except mindless fantasies, feelings of impending doom and heartache, and subtle messages waiting to be explored? There is only time.
So we'll see. Play it cool, play it safe, but play to win, whatever the hell that means. I'm just looking for the right way, I'm looking for the answer, without ever asking the right questions.
"I'm just looking for a happy ending.... all I'm looking for is you." -Jack Ingram
The truth is a secret that no one knows and only time can tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment