That is insane. And absurd, and slightly embarrassing. And goodness, quite cliche.
But seriously- Nick Sparks dug deep on this one and created two characters that make me make some kind of sense, at least in the literary universe... the combination of these two and the love created and cultivated between them is beyond comforting, despite the pain and battles they go through. The fact that in their craziness and insecurities and paths through life, somehow I found a connection to their ways of thinking and the understated moments that they shared... and that is incredible. That, I feel, is rare. Who knows?
All I can really say for sure is that the more I read and re-read my bible, the more I become completely impressed by the way those words can strike a chord in my soul and offer me a warmth that doesn't really make much sense since the story is fiction, and the story, after all, is just made of words.
I am Allie. I am Noah. I am the poet and I am young girl who sees a poet in a young man's southern soul.
... There are a million ways to read and interpret this story, as with any.... and for me, each time is different, but still unfailingly beautiful. I might be reading into things and I might be exaggerating, but I am what I am. And if nothing else (and in fact, including and considering everything else...), I am in love.

No comments:
Post a Comment